Friday, June 22, 2012

Gymnastics Camp

gymcamp
Instead of doing summer gymnastics class this year, we decided that Finley would attend gymnastics camp at HGA for two weeks this summer.  Her first week was this week and she loved it.  She is still asking to go back to gymnastics camp.  I think the main reason is the jumpy house.  Finley started at HGA last summer and was always wanting to go in the jumpy house like the campers were, but her class only got to go in a couple times over the summer.  So this year, I promised her that she would get to jump.  I enrolled her in the half day camp, since I knew she would not make it until 3 o'clock with the full day campers.  I was very nervous about her going to camp.  She was going to be one of the younger kids and she was used to me watching her do gymnastics in class.  She picked out a new lunchbox for camp (Mickey Mouse at Old Navy for three bucks!) and I got her a new leotard.  I explained that she would be at camp without me and she seemed okay with it.  My biggest concern was her getting her leotard on and off for potty breaks.  When I picked her up on Monday, she was so excited.  She kept telling me that the jumpy house was "crazy!"  She had so much fun.  Today was the last day and they had pizza for lunch and got their faces painted.  She did not want to take off the butterfly from her face, she was so proud.  Her next camp isn't until August, so I hope she stays this excited to go back.

No comments: