Monday, October 25, 2010

First Finger Painting

Finley does not like to be messy.  She will play in a sand box, but only if she is standing outside of it with a shovel.  If she spills a bit of her drink, she wants it mopped up straight away.  If he fingers get dirty, she wants them wiped off.  When she is at the gym playroom, she insists on picking up the toys before she leaves.  She is a very neat little girl.
I had bought finger paints awhile back, but I was worried about how she would do with them.  She MUCH preferred to "paint" with the popsicle stick that came with the set to stir the paint.  Next time, I won't bring the stick out.  She still would only dip one finger in.  And asked to have her hands wiped about every 30 seconds.  She was very proud of her painting, so we hung it on the refrigerator.  I am thinking about getting it laminated for a placemat for her.  It would make all her cleaning up a little bit easier.

The funny thing is that she was wearing an old t-shirt of mine in order to not mess up her clothes.  I am shocked at how well it fits her!  And I think I would be equally shocked at how badly it fits me now...

No comments: