Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

What a difference a year makes!  We went out for crablegs again this year at the Fish City Grill, yummy for me and Finley, not so yummy for Daddy.  Finley feasted on crab, andouille sausage, crackers and hush puppies.  She is a fiend for sausage, so much tastier than her dinner last year.  I cannot believe how much she has grown.  I am stuffed full of crab legs and I cannot wait for next year.

We had a big day today, I hosted our Thursday playgroup and I think everyone was in attendance.  Twelve toddlers and two newborns made for an awfully chaotic house.  It was like a tornado had swirled through and left remants of Cheerios, Goldfish crackers and animal crackers in its path. I also saw colored Goldfish for the first time as Idiscovered brigh green crumbs by our dining room table.  Maybe next time we will meet at the park, I kid, I kid (or do I?)   It is really fun to see Finley interact with her friends, she had everyone cooking up a storm in the play kitchen.  She was really showing off with her flash card knowledge, she knows them all so well.  I am constantly amazed at words she picks up on.  I was teaching her all day to say Happy Birthday.  She would say "happy" and "birthday", but couldn't string the two words together.  My favorite word moment was this week when we were going through the grocery store and she exclaimed "Juice" when I picked up the orange juice.  Finley only drinks water or milk, so this one really mystified me.

PS to all my buddies: al you can eat crablegs is back on Wednesday nights.  Expect an email from me soon!

No comments: