Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First Official Haircut

After my disastrous attempt to trim Finley's bangs, once her hair started getting into her eyes again, I knew it was time to call in a professional.  We made an appointment with Maria at Snips and Snails.  I gathered up Finley, a book for her and my camera and off we went to the salon.  Snips and Snails is actually in an adult salon, which really helped because there were no screaming, terrified kids there to distract and rile up Finley.

Finley was so good during her haircut.  I think she was part terrified and part unsure at the beginning, but she listened to Maria and did what she said, she was totally cooperative.  A book is a good thing to bring to a kids' haircut, when she needs to look down, there is something there for her to look at.

Maria trimmed Finley's bangs, evened up the long part of her hair and shaped it for it to grow out longer in the future.  I was so nervous about how her cut would turn out, but all those nerves were unnecessary, she looks great.  She even got a blow out at the end and the back of her hair flips up in the cutest way possible.  She looks like such a pretty (and smart) little girl.  I am amazed how much she has grown up.  I was looking at our digital photo frame today and it was so bittersweet to see the pictures scroll by when she had just the wispiest bit of hair.  She still will not cooperate with pigtails or a ponytail, she yanks the ponytail holder right out.  Thank goodness she still loves her hairbows!
Isn't she gorgeous?

3 comments:

Grammy and Grandad said...

Yes! She is gorgeous..cute....sweet...and adorable!

Courtney said...

So pretty! Max is going to have some super competition after this trim!

Sarah and Rob said...

I could eat her up! Her hair looks great!